Sunday, September 20, 2015

They Call Me Teacher

The younger Kindy group. They are definitely harder. 

These are some of my students. Just try to tell me they aren't cute! They all love pictures so anytime a phone is out you can expect to be bombarded! 

These kids have my heart! I love teaching them. I never realized how exhausting teaching is. It is seriously so draining. I come home at the end of my 3 hour teaching day, (only 3 hours!) and I'm ready for bed! They can wear you out! Kudos to the teachers that stay there all day long with those kids. They definitely deserve an award. 

Sometimes I feel like all I do the whole day is speak loudly to the kids to get them to listen or pay attention, By the end of it I've almost lost my voice. My mom told me to try speaking quietly or whispering, but that doesn't really work for some reason. Maybe on kids that speak your own language it would work better. What makes it difficult is that we have two classes that share one room, so not only do you hear your kids but you also hear the other teacher and their kids. So even if my class is being quiet and listening to me it still feels incredibly loud in the room because of the other kids. That can be difficult for the kids as well because they will get distracted by what's going on on the other side of the room. But if I make my lesson more interesting and entertaining they will want to listen to me. Therein lies the challenge! Somehow we make it work. 

Lang Lang, Dora and CiCi
These are a couple of the kids from my older Kindy class. They know so much English. It is definitely easier to teach them because they respond more to what I say and they are generally more interested in listening. I have too many favorites to even say that I have a favorite.
Lang Lang is very smart. He speaks a lot of English pretty well. And he's just so cute! 
Dora is adorable and she knows it! The first little bit she did really well with talking a lot. The past week though she hasn't been talking as much which is weird. Hopefully that will change this coming week. 
CiCi is such a fun girl. She likes to participate and she's very smart. Although the other day I had to correct her a lot and ask her to stop playing with her skirt and pay attention. Man she did not like that. If looks could kill I would be dead right now. That look she gave me that day was the nastiest stink eye I think I've ever received. She was not happy with me. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to be the bad guy. 


Pirate Odin!!!

Our little old man Andy and Cutie pie Linda



















I love these kids! I don't think I could say it enough! If I were in to picking favorites Odin would be at the top of my list! He's just so sweet, always nice, participates in lessons and he's just cute! But then there's Adam too. He has the smallest mouth and he has a little lisp to go with it. He's just adorable! He's also at the top of my favorites list. There's just too many! And I love them all! I love watching them grow and learn English. It's so fun when they think you are the funniest person ever. My favorite lessons are when I can get them to laugh. Too cute to handle!
My man Adam! Cuter than words!
Well, I could probably talk a lot more about a lot of my students but I won't bore you. Just know that they are all cute as can be and I'm having a blast teaching them and learning more about myself! 

Until next time.
 Love, Hugs and Smiles!
Enjoy the Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment